One of the things I love, love, love right now is when Asher starts a sentence with “Did you know that…”
What follows can generally be put in one of three categories.
1) The largest category is run of the mill interesting information he’s picked up
2) The second category is impressive random knowledge that I had no idea that he knew, and
3) the third category are statements that make me go “What the?!?”
Falling in the third category is yesterday’s comment to our neighbor Judy.
After several “Did you know” comments falling in the first category, he threw out “Did you know that seahorses don’t have eyes!”
Huh. No. I can't say that I knew that.
But clearly all those visits to the Virginia Living Museum are paying off.
I also just love his manner of giving these statements. Sometimes they are given in a conspiratorial whisper, and sometimes with an authoritative grandesse.


No comments:
Post a Comment