(Which he wasn't, but it made the picture sexier didn't it? You know it did.)
But since this blog isn't about the sexiness of my husband, I thought I'd use Asher's passion for cleaning as an excuse for posting the above photo.
You see, Deenesh isn't just vacuuming with Asher in his arms because it's convenient. No, Asher will actually go to the closet, drag out the vacuum, try to plug it in, step on starter button, and then fly into our arms.
Which is fine for Deenesh.
It's a pretty hefty workout for me.
He loves all forms of cleaning - vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dustbusting, cleaning up spills, and using wet wipes on any given surface. You may recall that for a while we actually hid the mop and broom to keep him away from them. Or that he encourages us to clean at every opportunity.


If someplace isn't up to his standards*, he will clean until it is. Even if it is the National Air and Space museum. Where he spent a large portion of his time wiping the glass and the floors.

(One little girl was so impressed she even offered to adopt him as her little brother. We suspect she just wanted cheap labor to clean her room)
He's such a pro, he even multi-tasks while he cleans.
And he's very efficient. Why sweep and then mop when you can just do both at the same time?
You see, Deenesh isn't just vacuuming with Asher in his arms because it's convenient. No, Asher will actually go to the closet, drag out the vacuum, try to plug it in, step on starter button, and then fly into our arms.
Which is fine for Deenesh.
It's a pretty hefty workout for me.
He loves all forms of cleaning - vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dustbusting, cleaning up spills, and using wet wipes on any given surface. You may recall that for a while we actually hid the mop and broom to keep him away from them. Or that he encourages us to clean at every opportunity.
If someplace isn't up to his standards*, he will clean until it is. Even if it is the National Air and Space museum. Where he spent a large portion of his time wiping the glass and the floors.
(One little girl was so impressed she even offered to adopt him as her little brother. We suspect she just wanted cheap labor to clean her room)
He's such a pro, he even multi-tasks while he cleans.
And he's very efficient. Why sweep and then mop when you can just do both at the same time?
Of course, he's also been known to make a mess just because he wants to clean it up.
And there was that incident with almost burning the apartment down.
And there was that incident with almost burning the apartment down.
But still, I know I must cherish these moments now and hold them dear to my heart in upcoming battles over cleaning his room or when I visit his college apartment.
*Standards is a loose term. He once licked the door stopper at the Natural History Museum.
*Standards is a loose term. He once licked the door stopper at the Natural History Museum.
1 comment:
I guess we just don't understand his "standards" yet, but I hope he never loses his love of cleaning. Problem is that I have never met a little kid that didn't love cleaning (different than picking up) and I still haven't met a big kid that likes cleaning - it's a problem.
Post a Comment