Saturday, February 13, 2010

Nap time

I had the most amazing experience last week. I actually took a nap with Asher.

(See that spot right there, that was where I was sleeping!)

We haven’t done that since he was about this age.(Ah. How we took getting to snuggle up with a perfect, sweet sleeping baby for granted).

You see, whenever Deenesh or I are around, Asher is very happy and excited and he has a hard time actually falling asleep. You know what it’s like to watch a dog that lies down, then gets up, walks in a couple of circles, and lies down again? And then repeats indefinitely?


Well, that’s kind of like Asher. But now that he’s achieved success once, he wants to take every nap and have every bedtime on the couch. Which involves very intricate organizing of his book, his blankets, pillows (with a pillow needing to be on top of him of course), etc. He tries hard but he can’t go 3 seconds without either smiling at us and saying hi, or getting up and reorganizing everything again.

Needless to say, this story has a sad ending since he tries so very, very hard, but every night instead of this...

he ends up alone in his crib with a face similar to this.

No comments: