Saturday, February 20, 2010

Protect the baby

Thursday morning when we got on the elevator Asher reached over and covered the "alarm" and "call" buttons with his hands and then looked up at me and smiled. He did it again this morning.

You see, I usually cover those two buttons when we get on the elevator to keep Asher from pushing them.

Asher now also shoves the remote controls down into the couch cushions when he's not watching TV. That's where we took to hiding them to keep him away from them. Clearly he's caught on to that trick.

He also puts the toilet seat cover down whenever he sees that it is up, you know, to keep the baby from falling in. (If I can only just get him to keep that up through high school I would be a very happy mother).

I think it is quite considerate of Asher to help us out in keeping these things away from the baby. Even if he is the baby. It reminds me of the time my niece Eleanor picked something off the floor and ran over to give it to her mother, saying quite clearly "choking hazard!"

On the downside though he apparently thinks this makes him mature enough for certain perks. Thursday evening he tried to open the cupboard under the kitchen sink only to find locked with the child lock. He started to walk away, then stopped, turned back, pulled it open again, and you could see his little mind click, click, clicking and then voila. He figured it out. He tried it a couple times just to make sure he knew what he was doing.

I'm not sure this is an even trade.

No comments: