Monday, November 8, 2010

Asher Needs a Dog!

Sunday morning I was watching Asher, and bad parent, trying to follow the NY marathon and encouraging Asher to amuse himself. Asher decided to pretend to be a dog, and I would half-hearted pat his head every once in a while. After a few minutes of this, Asher bit my toes, hard, and then told me to say bad doggy.

Asher also has an invisible dog who we have to let in every morning. The other day he wouldn't let Doggie in. I asked him why, and he told me Doggie was in timeout because he kept licking Asher.

4 comments:

Anne said...

"follow the NY marathon"??? I have paint, I could put it on a wall and let you watch it dry. Or I could clip my toe nails in front of you. Or I could play a game of solitaire but not let you see the cards. There you go, three much more interesting alternatives. I am sure it was hard to pay attention to anything Asher was doing while watching the marathon. Nascar at least has crashes and good commercials.

Tara said...

Sounds like it is time for a dog!!! He is so smart. Sorry, it seems clear that he will not be watching the thrill of marathons with you anytime soon : )

Deenesh said...

Ouch Anne. You are right, but my favorite athlete, Haile, was running a marathon in the US for the first time. Of course, he ended up dropping out with injury, and then retiring.

I do now have ammunition for when Tracy asks me to watch certain movies.

Anne said...

let the record show that it was "Doran" who said all of these things, but we have our shared junk email address as our Google login.