I hate to say it, but I think our beloved red house might be mad at us.
In the 3 months since we’ve been back 1) the hot water heater has broken 2) the grinder pump has failed 3) we’ve had a leak in our ceiling and now 4) the water pipe to the kitchen sink sprung a leak.
When we tried to get the water turned off the brittle hose tore further causing a massive spray of water. Since our kitchen is upstairs the water then started pouring through the light fixture in the laundry room. It was practically comical – kind of like a sitcom, or one of those 80’s home fixer-uper movies.
So is it just me or does it seem like our house was mad at us? I thought perhaps it was because we left it for 2 years, but upon further reflection I recalled the massive water clog/back-up we had in the master bath just a few short weeks after we brought Asher home from the hospital. A back-up that caused massive black sludge to come up both sinks and tub, that came with a horrible smell, and that threatened to require cutting a hole through the master bedroom wall and an extensive pipe replacement (which was thankfully avoided after several water vacuums, plunges, snaking and finally air blasts), and which put the master bath largely out of commission for about two weeks right when we had a new baby and several out of town guests.
That’s right. A new baby. So perhaps the house isn’t mad at us so much as jealous.
After all. Before Asher, Casa Roja was our one and only pride and joy.
So I’m not sure what we need now. An exorcism? A reintegration ceremony to assure our home that we still love it just as much as before Asher came into our lives?
Otherwise, we might have to make some kind of child sacrifice because I don't think we can handle much more house surprises.
1 comment:
Whatever you plan on doing, you better do it before bringing another one into the house...
Post a Comment