Thursday, July 19, 2012

4th of July

Reading my sister-in-laws post about 4th of July inspired me to go back and post our photos as well, and it works out well since I am on a better late than never kick anyway! 

Our neighborhood has a "parade" to the neighborhood picnic.  All the kids decorate their bikes or scooters or wagons or strollers.  

Asher getting his sister's beloved car ready for the parade.  



Asher and 3 of his neighborhood buddies decorated their bikes together. 

Parade?  Race?  Turns out even the older kids have a hard time remembering the difference.
And this was just leaving his friend's house to go to the parade! 

When we told Asher we were going to decorate his bike he said "Yeah!  With a bell!"  um , what?  He had never mentioned wanting a bell on his bike before.  We told him we would try to remember to get him a bell, but we didn't have on today.  Later, when Asher and I were headed out to meet our friends for decorating I left Asher with two of our neighbors (Judy and Ursula)  while I dashed inside to grab something.  When I got back, Judy kindly informed me "You know, you can get bike bells at Target."  Apparently while I was inside he informed them how I wouldn't give him a bell.

Here he is checking out his friend's bike bell.  


And we're off!  

Look who's cheering in the stands!  


Enjoying her ride.  

And back to her normal expression when non-family members are around.  Very suspicious.  


What a great big brother!  Sharing his snow cone.
(The ice cream truck was giving away free ice cream at the picnic!) 

"Mom, I think you need to get Kiera her own snow cone" 

Kiera is still a bit young to stay up for the fireworks,
so Deenesh and Asher met some friends downtown to enjoy the show.  

1 comment:

Jamie Peters said...

You didn't mention that he was so aloof during the parade that he wouldn't even look at me. Poor Nana.