I recently got a free sample of a newborn sized diaper which I put under the diaper changing table with Asher’s diapers.
Asher: “Mommy this is a small diaper!”
Me: “That’s right”
Asher: “It for baby sister?”
Me: “That’s right!” (A little impressed he figured it out)
Asher: “She needs more diapers”
Me: “Yeah, we’ll have to get her some diapers”
Asher: “She needs a lot of diapers. We have to go to the store and get her lots of diapers”
Everytime he saw the little diaper he would reiterate that we needed to go to the store and get her more diapers. He was very focused when we finally set out to get diapers, each time I asked him “What do we need at the store?” he would reply “Smaller diapers. For baby sister”
And wow. Are these diapers tiny. You’d think that having been through this before I wouldn’t be so shocked, but I think I am even more impressed with how tiny they are now that I have a comparison. And going through Asher’s baby clothes to find gender neutral clothes I have to say – I may have photographic proof that these clothes once fit him but there is no way Asher ever could have been that tiny.
On a related note, Thursday before last, while Asher and I were on the couch he looked at me and said emphatically “Mommy, you need to buy me pull-ups!”
He had requested them several times previously during diaper changes and we told him that to use pull-ups you need to use the potty regularly.
So I asked him if he wanted to use the potty, and he said yes, and went to the bathroom and used the potty. I pulled out the pull-ups from the closet and ever since then he has done a phenomenal job of peeing in the potty. He pretty much just did it. (The teacher sits them on the potty at school and he had suddenly been successful the week before).
No comments:
Post a Comment