Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Child is a Genius



I wrote a bunch of letters on construction paper and let Asher cut them out with his scissors.  Asher enjoyed getting to practice his fine motor skills and I was impressed by just how many letters he knows.   He cut out all the “D”s and gave them to his Daddy, because D is for Daddy. 

His familiarity with letters reminded me that shortly after we moved back to the Red House (so he had  just recently turned 2) I put up number magnets that also included some symbols (plus, minus, division, multiplication, and equal signs).  Asher took everything down that wasn’t a number, which meant that he already recognized what was a number and what wasn’t. 


Of course, he can’t distinguish a T-Rex from a Brachiosaurus whereas one of his friends can correctly identify probably about 20 different dinosaurs, but I still figure he must be a genius.  

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yup, he's a genius, just like me :) I know all my numbers too, LOL