Monday, April 26, 2010

Night Night!

For whatever reason, Asher is desperate to get to sit in the backseat of the car in the regular seat.


Desperate.


It doesn’t matter how much we tell him how lucky he is to have a “special chair”. I even got the two other kids at daycare to come sit in his car seat to show off how great it is, and in what high demand.

He didn’t like them sitting in it, but then still refused to sit in it himself.
So everytime we go to the car it is a MASSIVE tantrum to get him into the carseat. And if I’m not careful when I take him out he’ll wiggle out of my hands, scramble to the other side and then sit innocently.

“Okay mom, where we going now? I’m ready”


And when I go to grab him he lies down quickly and says “night night!”

“Oh! Okay Asher, sorry didn’t know you wanted to take a nap. Yup, you can just sit in the back seat with no car seat then” Good strategy.

Hmm. Perhaps I should start trying that strategy. The next time someone asks me to do something I’ll just lie down real quick and tell them “Night Night!” and see what happens.


(Anyone out there know how to sketch? I have an image in my mind of a cartoon of an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand with a confused lion looking on and the ostrich yelling out "Night Night!")

(PS - Don't worry, we have obviously never driven anywhere when Asher wasn't securely buckled in. These photos were taken in a parked car. I know you are particularly relieved since otherwise I would have been taking photos while driving).

1 comment:

Kari said...

Asher must take after his momma. :) I think I remember seeing a similar look on your face when we'd share the couch and I would infringe on your third (yes, I know I was a couch hog) of the couch. :)