Santa visited our apartment complex so of course we took Asher to get the obligatory photo on Santa’s lap.
He liked the candy cane thank you, but no he would not be going anywhere near Santa thank you very much.
So we hovered near the Santa. I thought perhaps if he sees all the other kids clamoring to get on Santa’s lap, he might get interested too. (It always works with toys after all. The most uninteresting toy becomes desirable, even irresistible, when in the hands of another child).
No, he was fine with sharing this time. In fact, perfectly happy for the other kids to keep Santa all to themselves.
I thought perhaps if I stand right next to Santa while Asher sits on his lap he might deign to take one photo.
Asher did not approve that plan.
So finally we “compromised”. I sat on Santa’s lap, and Asher sat on mine. And that was just fine with Asher.
Why do these “compromises” feel more like someone else won?
1 comment:
I think it is because someone else WON!! What a wonderful picture. However, I also Love the one of you crying hysterically, at about that age, sitting on Santa's lap!
Post a Comment