Apparently, some things aren’t learned.
Example 1: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
I recently spent 2 ½ days at the American Society of Criminology conference in Philadelphia. When I returned and Asher saw me, he yelled “Mama!” and RAN into my arms for a great big hug. A much bigger reaction than what I get when I pick him up from daycare or come home. So clearly, he recognized that I had been gone longer than usual and he missed me more because of it..
Example 2: Showing off
Last night some friends came into town and spent the night. While we were chatting Asher went and got the juggling balls and handed them to his dad. As soon as Deenesh started juggling, Asher turned around (so he couldn’t even see the juggling) and gave our friend a satisfied look. She and I both burst into laughter. His look so clearly said, “Yeah, see what my dad can do?”
No comments:
Post a Comment