Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sky! High! and Clean Water.

The weather has been wonderful lately so we decided to have a picnic dinner at the beach the other night.  Since it was fairly windy we decided to pull out our little kite.  

It was too windy for Asher to really be able to control it, but Deenesh and I had a great time (who knew flying a kite was so much fun.)  

But the person that loved it the most was Kiera.  She would hold on tight to one of the kite tails alternating yelling "sky!" and "high!"  (I know I posted way too many photos, but her absolute joy was so beautiful, that I had to post these.  Just feel fortunate -they actually represent a very small portion of the number of photos I actually took) 













Meanwhile, Asher was busy digging a trench - which he carefully explained was a "water cleaner"  The water would come in, and then it would be cleaned and it would go back out again. He explained that this was also good for all the animals that live in the water because they need clean water.  It took a lot of hard work, but he was very dedicated.

And once the adults stole the kite back from the one year old, she was freed up to go assist her brother.


Yes, those are stickers in her hair.  We figured we would just wait until her bath to get them out.  



2 comments:

Jamie Peters said...

The kite reminds me of Tara. When we lived in Columbia, MD and the children were very young (Tara probably in Kindergarten) she took our very large mylar kite to the end of our driveway, launched it herself and kept it flying for quite some time. It was attached to a reed with nylon filiment. When I got outside to see it, it was up so high it could no longer be seen. Unfortunately I had to tell her to bring it down because we lived fairly near an airport and I was worried that they might fly into it. She was marvelous.

Tara said...

Your dinner picnic at the beach seems like a truly magical evening!

I remember flying that kite, and I am going to guess I was in second grade, but I remember how incredibly high it was and that we had to bring it down, it would have stayed up FOREVER!