Monday, February 14, 2011

Our backyard

One of the great things about being back in our home is feeling like we are back in nature.

Sure, part of that is having to deal with bugs and crawlies, but there are some amazing things as well.

One of the magical moments when we toured our house for the first time was standing on the back porch and spotting two deer. It was so perfect it was like it was staged. Even though the deer eat our plants, I still love seeing them. We have no good photos of deer, but I thought I would share some old photos from before we moved to DC. My next post will be wildlife photos after returning from DC.


This is the cute little tree frog that greeted us when we were first moving into our home. Sadly, once Spinx moved in, we didn’t see as much of the little frogs or the colorful lizards.

Owl in our backyard.

Our neighbors owl.


Pretty dragonfly.

I’m sure there are many more photos but these were the ones that stuck out in my mind.

No comments: