Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The love of a one-year-old

This morning: As representative of a typical morning in the Sohoni household.

Asher woke up and we went into the living room. He saw his most beloved of all creatures – Spinx. He crawled full steam ahead shrieking with pure love and delight, interspersed with yells of "Ca" "Ca". I remove Asher to the coffee table and distract him while I go get his book so that he can point to the cat in the book. When I return Asher is chasing Spinx with his drumstick. I confiscate the drum stick. Asher grabs a ball and throws it at Spinx trying to get Spinx to play catch with him. He throws two before I can stop him. All of this is motivated by the sheer exhilaration of his love of Spinx.

We haven’t told Asher that Spinx doesn’t love him yet.

We haven’t told Spinx yet that Asher is going to learn how to walk.

No comments: