Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update

Asher has no interest in books. There. I said it. I don't quite understand it considering that Deenesh and I both love books, but fortunately there is plenty of time for him to learn to appreciate them. Right now we can't even get through one page before he's off doing something else. And we're talking board books here - so there's only about 8 words to a page.

But he makes up for it in other areas. He can get a ball through a hoop better than any 1 year old has a right to. He can climb up the steep ladder at the playground and go down on the tall swirly slide all on his own. And when I say "Let's go wake up daddy" he charges down the hall, opens the bedroom door, and runs to the bed.

He also knows kisses. And hugs. Although he's frequently too busy to give them. But when he does, it is magic.
"Quiet time" with Daddy

1 comment:

Dawn Hood said...

He does not like books because you like books. They take away Asher time...DUH mommy, you should know that one. :)