Thursday, June 4, 2009

The tail of a cat and a baby: Excerpts from Asher’s Journal

Day 14: I sense something malevolent. Razor claws and dagger like fangs. I think my one chance is to increase my size, and quickly, so that I am too big for it to devour.

Day 46: There is some kind of black shadow...

Day 50: What is black and white and fluffy all over? I’m not sure what it is, but it is wonderful.

Day 76: The black/white/fluffy likes to visit me, he always sits near me. Sometimes mommy and daddy help me stroke his soft fur. I think his name is “gentle.”

Day 201: “Gentle” and I are best friends. We eat cheerios together. He loves me.

Day 242: We are blood brothers now. I was scared at first, what with the teeth and claws, but now we are closer than ever.

Day 272: Oh what a wonderous thing! I have discovered a thing called “the tail”!

Day 273: Today “gentle” got mad at me. I don’t know why. We were crawling with daddy and “gentle” scratched me on the head. I tried to give him a hug afterwards to let him know I wasn’t upset at him, but daddy wouldn’t let me.




1 comment:

Kim said...

This is really cute!!! I wish I was up for doing it!! : ) Lots of love!!